Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Top Ten Favorite Albums of the Last Decade,2000-2009, #45-#10

I am going to post in the near future about my favorite albums of 2010, and figured I should give some background to my musical tastes. If you have any suggestions for albums from this year let me know so I can give it a listen if I haven't already. As I was making this list I realized there are ton of albums I really like that I had to even keep out of my preliminary sort through, just because I knew they wouldn't end up making it to my top ten of the decade. I ended up with 41 albums, that I needed to narrow down to just ten. Well instead of narrowing it down completely I am going to only write descriptions for the top then and give you my top 45 of the aughts.


Clicking a link takes you to the artists last.fm page. You can listen to some full songs, clips, and watch videos as well. Add me as a friend, ChadyzGroove
45. Interpol - Antics
44. Matthew Good - Hospital Music
43. The Dears - No Cities Left(Canadian Version)
42. Limblifter - I/O
41. Weezer - Weezer(Green)
40. Harvey Danger - Dead Sea Scrolls
     Available for free at HarveyDanger.com
39. Modest Mouse- The Moon and Antartica
38. The Long Winters- The Worst You Can Do Is Harm
37. Saves the Day - Under the Boards
36. Maritime - Hersey and the Hotel Choir
35. Hot Hot Heat - Makeup the Breakdown
34. Motion City Soundtrack - I am the Movie
33. Sparta - Wiretap Scars
32. Limblifter - Bellaclava
31. Electric Six - Senor Smoke
30. Matthew Good - White Light Rock and Roll Review
29. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Hearts of Oak
28. Thunderbirds are Now! - Justamustache
27. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
26. Troubled Hubble - Making Bed in a Burning House
25. Temper Trap - Conditions
24. Starlight Mints - Change Remains
23. Built to Spill - Ancient Melodies of the Future
22. Alkaline Trio - From Here to Infirmary
21. The Might Mighty BossTones - Pay Attention
20. Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
19. Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News
18. Panic at the Disco - Pretty Odd
17. The Long Winters - When I Pretend to Fall
16. Ryan Dahle - Irrational Anthems
15. Interpol - Our Love to Admire
14. The Presidents of the United States of America- These are Good Times People
13. Guster - Ganging up on the Sun
12. Matthew Good Band - The Audio of Being
11. Bounds Stems - The Family Afloat
m


This is one of my favorite bands, and I found out about them because Harvey Danger broke up. When this occurred Sean Nelson, lead singer of Harvey Danger, began singing back-up and playing keyboards for this band. While both bands have distinctly different sounds, they are both two of my favorite bands. This album was released in 2006, and I must of listened to it everyday for about 7 months straight. The whole album is great from beginning to end. 
Favorite Songs Include: Fire Island,AK / Honest / Seven

Number Nine is coming tomorrow. Maybe I will think of more to write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment